Your Tracker™ system is designed to backup your data every time you close the Tracker software. When closing the software, you may get an error that states, "AUTOBACK.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." This may be caused by the fact that there are too many auto-backup files in your data directory.
To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:
- Using "My Computer" or "Windows Explorer" navigate to the Tracker data directory (usually C:\TRACKME\DATA).
- To manage the list of files better, use the details view by clicking "View" on the main menu and selecting "Details."
- Sort the files by either file type or name by clicking on the header of the same name. The autobackup files are named TRBKXXXX (XXXX is a number that is automatically incremented each time the software is closed) and are of the file type ".zip".
- If necessary, backup the TRBKXXXX.ZIP files to another location.
- Delete all of the TRBKXXXX.ZIP files.
- Restart Tracker, exit, and see if the issue still exists.