To reduce possible interference and ensure that your system only accepts data from your Tracker™ instruments, you must link your Tracker Freedom® instruments to your new Tracker Version 5 Software. You should have all instruments properly charged and available at the computer when performing this procedure.
1. Open your Tracker Version 5 Software.
2. At the top left edge of the Tracker Software screen, click on "System" and select "Instrument Interface" and then select “Tracker Freedom (Wireless)” from the drop-down lists.
3. From the “System” drop-down, select “Instrument Registration ...”
4. In the field for each instrument you have, type the serial number from the instrument’s information label.
5. Make sure all serial numbers are entered correctly.
Importing Factory Calibration of Wireless Instruments
Another feature of the Instrument Registration screen is the ability to import factory calibration into Tracker Version 5 Software.
Using the factory-supplied calibration helps insure your instruments are providing the most accurate data possible. All Tracker dynamometers are factory calibrated using certified weights.
Factory calibration is only required for dynamometers or force measurement devices, such as the Muscle Tester, Grip Gauge and Algometer.
Tracker Inclinometers and Foot Switches do not require factory calibration.
To import factory calibration for a dynamometer:
a. After entering the instrument’s serial number, click on the instrument name, such as Grip, in the Instrument Registration screen. Clicking on the Inclinometer and Foot Switches will not import any factory calibration information, but will test communication with the instrument.
b. If the instrument is not awake, the Instrument Wake-Up screen appears. Gently press the “ON” button on the instrument to turn it on. When the instrument is on, the green LED turns on, and the LED flashes when communications are established between the instrument and the software. The Instrument Wake-Up screen will also close automatically when communications are established.
c. The Import Calibration screen will appear and will automatically import the factory calibration data. The top of the screen will say “Import Calibration Successful” when the process is finished.
Click the OK button to complete the calibration import.
Note: If the calibration importation does not complete successfully,
d. Import the factory calibration for all of your system’s instruments.
6. Click “OK" to exit the instrument registration screen.